• “We make shit up to be upset about. Like,
‘How come I have to choose a language on the ATM machine?
It’s bullshit. I shouldn’t have to do that, I’m American.’”
• "Boys just do damage to your house.
Girls, like, leave scars in your psyche."
• "Here’s how my brain works:
followed by self-hatred,
and then further analysis."
• "How many advantages can one person have?
I’m a white man!"
• "C.K. described himself as a depressive kid. 'In junior high he took to drugs, closing myself off from feelings,' he says. 'Eighth and ninth grade were two solid years of dropping acid, snorting coke when somebody had it, quaaludes, an alarming amount of pot, mescaline, drinking. By the time I got to high school, I was a recovered drug addict.' (C.K. ran for a time with a bad crowd, breaking into cars and snatching valuables within.)"
• "After graduating from Newton North High School, C.K. worked as an auto mechanic and at a public access TV cable station in Boston, while 'summoning the courage to try stand-up.' Among other jobs he worked, C.K. cleaned pools, fixed cars and spent a year as a Kentucky Fried Chicken cook; he brought home KFC turkey dinners two Thanksgivings in a row. After that, he clerked at a video store."
• "C.K. and artist/painter Alix Bailey married in 1995 and divorced in 2008. Together, they had two daughters, with both C.K. and Bailey having joint custody." (bio: wikipedia)