• Commemorating the June 5th anniversary of first publication of NSA documents by Glenn Greenwald at The Guardian U.S. (and later, Washington Post and New York Times) leaked by whistleblower Edward Snowden.
• Edward Snowden above outlines the substantial changes his leaks are precipitating in NSA surveillance programs, practices and public discourse.
• The 2014 Pulitzer Prize for Public Service was jointly awarded to The Washington Post and The Guardian U.S. for their "revelation of widespread secret surveillance by the National Security Agency."
• George Polk Awards for Journalism in 2013 for national security reporting were presented to The Guardian's Glenn Greenwald, Laura Poitras and Ewen MacAskill, and to The Washington Post's Barton Gellman.
• Daniel Ellsberg uses his experience with the Pentagon Papers to explain above why Edward Snowden would not receive a fair trial in the U.S. under the Espionage Act.
• Journalist Glenn Greenwald explains the difference between private companies and the government retaining all your personal data and communications in the video above.
• Above Daniel Ellsberg makes a strong case why it is necessary for Edward Snowden to be out of the U.S.
• Breaking story! Cellphone operator reveals scale of gov’t snooping http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/vodafone-report-shows-extent-of-govt-snooping/2014/06/06/7a01a9ba-ed5c-11e3-8a8a-e17c08f80871_story.html?hpid=z3
• "Twitter Inc., LinkedIn Corp., AOL Inc., Google Inc., Apple Inc., Yahoo Inc., Facebook Inc. and Microsoft Corp. are pushing for tighter controls over electronic espionage — fearing that eavesdropping threatens the technology industry’s financial livelihood." (from W.Post link above)
Links to important videos:
•See why U.S. District Judge Richard Leon calls the bulk collection NSA surveillance program "almost Orwellian" and probably unconstitutional. https://archive.org/details/KPIX_20131217_150000_CBS_This_Morning#start/210/end/240
• Edward Snowden explains the "pattern of life" the NSA can obtain from a targeted cell phone: https://archive.org/details/KNTV_20140529_050000_Inside_the_Mind_of_Edward_Snowden_An_NBC_News_Exclusive#start/1416.5/end/1476.5
• See the entire Edward Snowden interview with NBC's Brian Williams, at the Internet Archive's TV News Archive where you can edit and share your own clips: http://archive.org/details/KNTV_20140529_050000_Inside_the_Mind_of_Edward_Snowden_An_NBC_News_Exclusive
• Link to the Internet Archive's post commemorating the anniversary of the first NSA surveillance report by Glenn Greenwald. Avid NSA followers can check out the Archive's NSA-issues TV News Quote Library for video clips and links cataloging the history of the NSA surveillance issues featuring Edward Snowden, Glenn Greenwald, Daniel Ellsberg, Barton Gellman, James Clapper, Keith Alexander, President Obama — all the key people involved in the revelations.
The Internet Archive has the largest and most comprehensive video library documenting reports, hearings and revelations on the NSA surveillance programs.