• Above: Animated characters: Waldorf of the Muppets; Calvin from Bill Watterson's Calvin and Hobbes. Quote: rottenecards.com
• Tribute: Few cartoonists compare with the genius of Bill Watterson (b. 7.5.58) in his Calvin and Hobbes strip (1985-95), as exemplified by the two panels used in the animation above.
• Bill Watterson: "Personally, I like paper and ink better than glowing pixels, but to each his own. Obviously the role of comics is changing very fast. On the one hand, I don’t think comics have ever been more widely accepted or taken as seriously as they are now. On the other hand, the mass media is disintegrating, and audiences are atomizing."
Full interview: http://mentalfloss.com/article/53216/mental-floss-exclusive-our-interview-bill-watterson
Similar to animated quote at top:
• “Inside every adult there's still a child that lingers.” — Guy Laliberte
• “I think that inside every adult is the heart of a child.” — Shigeru Miyamoto
• “Inside every adult is a magical child to discover.” — Bruce Davis
• “For in every adult there dwells the child that was, and in every child there lies the adult that will be.” ― John Connolly